Thursday, September 07, 2006


Hi, World!

Can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm actually going to start publishing my thoughts online. Then again, life changes constantly--I'm doing many things I thought I'd never do, never want to do, never have to do. But life is primarily about change and how we ride and adjust to change. They say it's about the journey. Of course, I've always said that you don't want to find out the secret of life too soon, because then they have to kill you!

I've also always said I'd rather be a laughing fool than a crying idiot, since the laughers don't know they've lost it, they're just having a great time. So my apologies in advance to the nurses (male and female) in the convalescent home who have to endure my constant giggling and cackling--I won't know I'm being annoying, I'm just having a great time in my own little world.

Hell, if Rosie O'Donnell can have a blog, so can I!

I promise I'll try to keep this interesting. I'll write reviews of things I've read or seen, and I'll tell you about projects my friends and I are working on. And of course, you can always go to my web site, (which is http://juddls.home.sprynet.com, but you can just click on the words web site.)

On the good news front, EDDIE HAS ALLERGIES is out! Published by Ernest Silliman Books and Lulu, it's my kids book about the fantasies and misadventures of a young boy with allergies, how
the various stuffy noses and medications produce majorly wierd fantasies, and how he learns that what isolates him also makes him unique--and contributes to the person he ultimately grows up to be! (Gee, who does that remind me of?) It's fun, it's funny, and hopefully it's a book that will tell kids it's okay to be different. It's available directly from the publisher, Ernest Silliman Books and Lulu, as well as online from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, and numerous smaller online bookstores. (You can also order it from a bookstore, where hopefully if they order one for you, they'll keep a few on the shelf as well, so thanks. The ISBN number is 1847287115).

For the third season, Playwrights for Pets, will present evenings of plays to raise funds for Animal Haven. The group, founded by Sue Yocum, raises money to help provide food, shelter, leashes, etc., for animals in need in the NYC area. (We also raised a sizeable chunk of money last season for animal victims of Hurrican Katrina, which allowed Animal Haven to rescue and find homes for the orphaned animals.) On October 30th, our first event will be MISCHIEF NIGHT, an evening of twisted tales by wonderful playwrights and read by even more wonderful actors. The evening of readings will start at 7:30 and the suggested donation is $10. We will once again be in the beautiful basement space at the Baruch Center for the Performing Arts (BPAC), which is at 55 Lexington Avenue (Lex & 25th).

Final weeks to sign up for my Adult Playwriting class at the Abrons Arts Center at Henry Street Settlement. The class starts September 20th and meets on Wednesday nights from 7-9 pm. Ten weeks are only $150. In addition to reading and critiquing members' work, we will discuss the creative process, writers block, play marketing and, well, life. Call 212-598-0400, ext. 224 to register, or go to the Henry Street Settlement Web Site.


My friend Barry Steely's latest art can be seen online at the website, www.artistsspace.org.

That's all for today!

No comments: